Phases for Pond Project. Following feedback from National Parks Head Ranger David Smith and Ryan Chenery on the Pond Report.
Phase 1 (July & August)
- Clean and cut down around the pond areas. Remove all the rubbish for parks to pick up. (3 sessions) on going through each phase.
- Meeting with David Smith to find out what we can and cannot do.
- Confirmation in writing from David Smith , so we can inform the Parish Council
Phase 2 (August & September)
- Cut down and tidy the areas around the pond.
- Remove all the cut backs, dead branches etc to central point at the top end
- Have the two carvings done by October and ear mark the next ones to be done.
- Have the gate removed.
- Take delivery of 2 new bins from National Parks
- Meeting by end of September with Head Ranger David Smith and Ryan Chenery.
- Start removal of 20% weed and wood around one metre diameter. (On going for the next few phases.)
Phase 3 (October & November)
- Permission from David Smith Head Ranger for Planting Blue Bell Wood, Wildflowers. Daffodil bulbs coming into car park on the edge of fencing and around picnic areas.
- Meeting with Ecologist about report for pond *urgent*
- Working Party for Preparing Performance Area ready for bark. Tidy up areas around the pond.
- Working party to plant Blue Bell Wood and Bulbs.
- In pond to carry on removing dead wood and weed.
- Order picnic benches, for delivery in spring.
- Order Bug Houses and check on delivery dates. Email Rainbows and Beavers to let them know when they will be delivered.
- Check about Duck Houses, prices and when they could be delivered.
- Volunteer Meeting to discuss next couple of months
Phase 4. (December & January) weather permitting
- Receive the report from the Ecologist and have a meeting on how we move forward with the pond.
- Look into the plants to be used for the pond.
- Email Ecologist to submit dates for when we can go over to the island to tidy up.
- Parks to take down the 3 dead trees.
- Parks to repair the paths around the pond.
- Bug Houses to be delivered for the local Rainbows and Beavers to make up.
- Volunteers out, weather permitting, to have a tidy up around areas of the pond.
- Willow to be removed by National Parks
- Start work on the interpretive boards and nature trail
- Order Interpretive Boards.
- Check about new benches and order 4 max.
- Have a meeting with Head Ranger David Smith on progress made and permission to carry on.
Phase 5. (February) Weather permitting
- Meeting with pond volunteers about next step forward
- Tidy up around the pond area.
- Check and follow up what National Parks still have to do.
- Email Karl Barker to give dates of when we need carvings for picnic areas.
- Follow up email with company for picnic benches delivery date for April
Phase 6. (March & April)
- Meeting with volunteers. Expect to be busy next couple of months
- Tidy up around areas around the pond.
- Tidy up inside the pond.
- Tidy up on the island
- Receive new Memorial Benches.
- Receive Picnic Benches by latest April 18th ready for Easter Bank Holiday
Phase 7. (May)
- Meeting with volunteers for ideas on moving forward.