Welcome to the Thornton-Le-Dale Village Hub website. We are a team of volunteers dedicated to enhancing our community both through improving our environment and setting up community activities and projects. Please browse our website to find out more about what we do and, if you can, we would love you to join us!
LATEST NEWS – AUGUST 2020
Hub members did a fantastic job of supporting our local community during the Covid-19 lockdown period. A huge thank you to all of you for your help during what was, and continues to be, a difficult time for many. Activities carried out by our wonderful Hub team include:
- establishing a COVID WhatsApp group to provide online information, linked to the Ryedale COVID site
- delivery of a newsletter to each household, aimed at ensuring those potentially isolated and without a local support network or online capability had information to hand
- a prescriptions delivery service for those unable to collect themselves
- provision of volunteer delivery drivers for the local farm shop, Cedar Barn, who were overwhelmed by demand for delivery of food stuffs to those isolating in the village
- provision of a contact telephone number for queries.
- online information about local suppliers offering delivery into the village
- arranging ‘buddy’ telephone support for those who were anxious