Welcome to the Thornton-Le-Dale Village Hub website. We are a team of volunteers dedicated to enhancing our community both through improving our environment and setting up community activities and projects.
Please browse our website to find out more about what we do and, if you can, we would love you to join us!
You can see the projects and activities currently planned by scrolling to the events calendar at the bottom of this page; if you have queries or comments don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEPTEMBER 2021 UPDATE
Despite the ever present threat of Covid-19, the Thornton Le Dale Village Hub community has come together this summer to undertake a range of fantastic projects and fundraising activities. In summary:
- planters and hanging baskets have been installed around the village to enhance its beauty, with regular ongoing watering and maintenance being undertaken
- the litter picking team have undertaken regular litter picks to ensure that our environment is litter free for both residents and visitors, on one occasion being supported by the motorhome group
- the railings around the green and along Maltongate are looking clean and tidy thanks to the hard work of the railings maintenance team
- interpretive boards and a childrens compass bench have been installed by the pond team, alongside regular meets to keep the pond surroundings and nature trail well presented
- a team of volunteers worked on clearing the Beck and surrounding areas of invasive Himalayan Balsam to protect our environment
- lunches for the elderly have tentatively resumed
- we have submitted a Britain in Bloom Community Award entry for our beautiful village
- the Hub have manned a stall at the Gala, and on the Green during the Bank Holiday Weekend, to recruit more volunteers and to fundraise for Hub projects
Activities continue into the Autumn/Winter seasons with a newsletter also due for publication. A huge thank you to all volunteers that have given up their valuable time to make these projects happen, and that continue to work so hard to make our village a fabulous place to be.
Browse our site to find out more, or email email@example.com to be added to our mailing list.